Monday, October 8, 2012

de.ter.mined

I have made a re-commitment to be healthy and lose some of the weight I have been putting on over the last two decades. I signed up last week to use the Medifast System. I ordered my food last week.

Today my meals arrived via UPS. They came in the late morning and my plan is to begin with the meals tomorrow. I pulled everything out and found a space in my pantry for all the food. It takes up remarkably little space for a months worth of meals.

I choose some boxes to take to my workplace so that I will have the meals ready for me as I move forward. 

I tried one of the Dutch Chocolate Shakes in the cook "spring shaker". It wasn't too bad. I know one of my biggest challenges is going to be my picky taste-buds. But, I am determined to make this work. 

de.ter.mined: having reached a decision : firmly resolved

Another big challenge for me will be going without coke or chocolate. Coke has been my main drink for so many years. I imagine I will be quite the grumpy for a little while. There are chocolate flavored items that are included in the meals- brownies, shakes, cookies, bars- so that shouldn't be quite as bad. But not having a Kit Kat or M&Ms whenever I have the need, will be hard. 

So, today I drink my last Coke and eat these few M&Ms I have in a dish on my desk and tomorrow I move forward with a new and healthy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment